PDA

View Full Version : Table for four

look
03-05-2010, 10:09 AM
If you could have a get-together with three Heads, who would you choose?

And what would be the venue?

graz
03-05-2010, 10:45 AM
If you could have a get-together with three Heads, who would you choose?

And what would be the venue?

Abigail Smith (ERV), Michael Behe and John McWhorter in a church basement recreation room.

bjkeefe
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Abigail Smith (ERV), Michael Behe and John McWhorter in a church basement recreation room.

How dare you win the thread with the first response???

Ocean
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM

LOL!

uncle ebeneezer
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Is the emphasis on which group WE would most want to be a part of, or what would make for the best discussion for viewers?

look
03-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Is the emphasis on which group WE would most want to be a part of, or what would make for the best discussion for viewers?For you to enjoy a conversation with...out for coffee, a night on the town, etc.

uncle ebeneezer
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Gotcha. I will compile a list of several dream-quartets in a bit (along with my reasoning.)

uncle ebeneezer
03-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Ok here's a couple of my fantasy scenarios:

Ezra Klein, Mickey with Bob as referee in a cage.

Carl Zimmer, Neil Shubin and George Johnson, giving me a guided tour of a Natural History or science Museum.

Heather Hurlburt, Dan Drezner and Bob Kagan, over cocktails.

PZ Myers, Bob Wright and Michael Behe (over pizza because Bob doesn't drink.)

Will Wilkinson, Joshua Knobe and Dan Ariely (just telling a bunch of great thought experiments)

Rosa Brooks, Mathew Lee and Eli Lake at some sortof international Epcot-esque pavillion chatting about the world and UN.

Joel Achenbach, Bob and Harry Shearer (just to see how much I can laugh)

Eric Alterman, Andrew Sullivan and Steven Walt (in Israel)

look
03-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Abigail Smith (ERV), Michael Behe and John McWhorter in a church basement recreation room.Scary and depressing. How'd you do that?

look
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok here's a couple of my fantasy scenarios:

Ezra Klein, Mickey with Bob as referee in a cage.

Carl Zimmer, Neil Shubin and George Johnson, giving me a guided tour of a Natural History or science Museum.

Heather Hurlburt, Dan Drezner and Bob Kagan, over cocktails.

PZ Myers, Bob Wright and Michael Behe (over pizza because Bob doesn't drink.)

Will Wilkinson, Joshua Knobe and Dan Ariely (just telling a bunch of great thought experiments)

Rosa Brooks, Mathew Lee and Eli Lake at some sortof international Epcot-esque pavillion chatting about the world and UN.

Joel Achenbach, Bob and Harry Shearer (just to see how much I can laugh)

Eric Alterman, Andrew Sullivan and Steven Walt (in Israel)A lot of great groupings, thanks, Eb!

So far I've only come up with Me, Hitch, Achenbach, and Hurlburt getting plastered and ending up at Denny's at 4:00 in the morning.