PDA

View Full Version : Jim Webb, gifted author?

look
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
After returning home, Webb drew upon his experiences in uniform to become an accomplished novelist. Many readers regard "Fields of Fire," released in 1978, as a modern classic. Tom Wolfe once called Webb "one of the four of five most important young writers in the country."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/dem_saying_no_538OoUUq1p2rwjDF0usyXM#ixzz0fHJvcQxH
Anyone ever read any of Webb's books?

Anyone think Webb could successfully challenge President Obama in '12?

AemJeff
02-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Anyone ever read any of Webb's books?

Anyone think Webb could successfully challenge President Obama in '12?

I haven't read anything, but I've heard him interviewed as an author. He seemed pretty credible, in that sense.

Starting from close to zip nationally and successfully challenging Obama in the '12 primary? That seems like a long shot, to say the least. As a Republican in the general? How does he get there?

look
02-12-2010, 01:16 AM
I haven't read anything, but I've heard him interviewed as an author. He seemed pretty credible, in that sense.

Starting from close to zip nationally and successfully challenging Obama in the '12 primary? That seems like a long shot, to say the least. As a Republican in the general? How does he get there?I meant as a Dem. Heh.