PDA

View Full Version : Why does BHtv delete posts?

thprop
02-08-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't want to use the term censorship since I don't think that applies but I want to know what standards are in place on BHtv about criticizing diavloggers.

I posted earlier today on the Ana Marie Cox and Rich Lowry Snowpocalypse Edition. That post is now gone. I did not receive any notice from BHtv about the removal of the post. But I would like to know why it was deleted.

The post was a bit over the top. I will not recreate it here since it will probably be deleted again. In my pursuit of sarcasm, it may have been considered insulting to flight attendants, people in the closet and flaming queens. But I have seen much worse in these forums.

What set me off was Lowry's insistence that gays remain in the closet. This after his well publicized bout of sexual arousal by Sarah Palin. (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDYzMGFiNjQ0MWRjNmI0ZTlkYjgwZTExMjA3MWNiZTk=) I think that is an accurate description of what he is referring to in his post "Projecting through the Screen". In my original post, I did not say sexual arousal but referred to increasing rigidity - in general, not any specific body part.

I then went on to say that in fact Lowry was not being hypocritical or advocating a double standard, but was in fact deep in the closet himself. I think that my saecasm was obvious. I just thought it was a good way to make this point. BHtv disagrees.

popcorn_karate
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
i had a post deleted because i asked how a Diavlogger that self-identified as a liberal Feminist squares her ideology with her endorsement of creating explicitly man-free spaces - because it seems at odds with notions of equality and inclusiveness.

possibly a stupid question, but i've never heard an actual explanation for why it was deleted.

just figure you crossed an invisible, arbitrary line and keep on doing your thing is my suggestion. It seems to happen very rarely, and is probably not worth spending much intellectual or emotional energy on.

Brenda
02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
The post was a bit over the top.... In my pursuit of sarcasm, it may have been considered insulting to flight attendants, people in the closet and flaming queens. But I have seen much worse in these forums.

We've allowed worse posts to stand, but remember: Our standards are higher for (a) comments in the diavlog threads and especially (b) comments directed at the diavloggers.

Brenda
02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
i had a post deleted because i asked how a Diavlogger that self-identified as a liberal Feminist squares her ideology with her endorsement of creating explicitly man-free spaces - because it seems at odds with notions of equality and inclusiveness.

possibly a stupid question, but i've never heard an actual explanation for why it was deleted.

Popcorn, I don't remember a post that fits your characterization. (I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have deleted a post with the wording you're using now.) If you can remember what thread it was in, I can take a look.