PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who does not want to see Murray Jailed for his role in Jacksons death?

JonIrenicus
02-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I think he should face some punishment, maybe even have his license suspended or revoked, but I don't really blame Jacksons death on him. I blame it primarily on Jackson.

Does he have some fault? yes, anywhere close to Jackson himself? not in my mind.

So I don't know, I just can't bring myself to be outraged at him. The recklessness was sourced with Jackson, Murray allowing himself to be a tool of that recklessness is pretty bad, but not the kind of bad that gets me upset.

How off am I?

AemJeff
02-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I know I'm not the only one who doesn't care one way or the other.

graz
02-06-2010, 10:58 PM

I'm also in the indifferent camp... but I like this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZTEBCxVct4&feature=related

Wonderment
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
How off am I?

I think you're perhaps missing the structuring of the charge of negligent (involuntary) homicide. The state will argue, if I understand correctly, that the doctor should have properly supervised his patient under anesthesia. They will argue that the drug was not indicated for a sleep disorder in the first place, but more importantly, the patient was left unmonitored, i.e., without adequate care .

If it turns out many other doctors prescribe the same medication with the same level of supervision, then it's doubtful the prosecution will prevail. But I doubt that's true. The case would never be charged without a lot of review and consensus that a crime has been committed.

I think the trial -- if it goes to trial -- will be interesting. There should be a long line of "expert" witnesses on both sides.

nikkibong
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Does he have some fault? yes, anywhere close to Jackson himself? not in my mind.

then you should be happy with the outcome. jackson got the death penalty, as it were. the doctor may only get some jail time.

popcorn_karate
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM

me too!