PDA

View Full Version : Need some information about Nigeria. Delta / Rivers State specifically.

Starwatcher162536
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Need some information about Nigeria. Delta / Rivers State specifically. I have checked the entries on Wikipedia, the USA / UK state department travel advisories websites and some links they had.

Any other ideas?

TwinSwords
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
You could likely contact the Nigerian embassy and ask for assistance.

Starwatcher162536
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
So does anyone have any information on the uprising over there? I am looking at taking a job over there, and would really like to know how crazy it would be to head over there.

Cause of Haiti, I can't find much about it on the news.

Ocean
01-14-2010, 04:52 PM
So does anyone have any information on the uprising over there? I am looking at taking a job over there, and would really like to know how crazy it would be to head over there.

Cause of Haiti, I can't find much about it on the news.

Go to the CIA website.

Starwatcher162536
01-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks, but at least for the short term, it doesn't matter. I just received a call from the company I would have gone over there with; they told me that all entry visa applications are being put on hold.

Oh well, lucky I guess. I would have been working out of Abuja, which I am told is a little bit iffy at the moment. (Not all of us can go head-first into crazy countries like Preppy!)

Lyle
01-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Dude... there are Nigerians a plenty in Houston and Energy companies in Houston with hundreds of employees who live or commute to work there. Get off your ass and go down there, or call someone... or just go talk to some of your fellow students who no doubt have parents who are there or who have worked there.

Yes, it's dangerous (attacks and uprisings happen all the time), but you'll be living in a compound and have armed guards. Most of the time, nothing tragic happens.