PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Wingnut Whining

TwinSwords
12-02-2009, 09:57 PM
They just never stop sobbing like infants.

Exclusive: White House aides insisted F-22 be removed from Obama speech venue

Wed, 12/02/2009 - 4:08pm

When President Obama spoke to troops at Alaska's Elmendorf Air Force Base last month, the unit there parked a shiny new F-22 fighter plane in the hanger. But according to multiple sources, White House aides demanded the plane be changed to an older F-15 fighter because they didn't want Obama speaking in front of the F-22, a controversial program he fought hard to end.

"White House aides actually made them remove the F-22-said they would not allow POTUS to be pictured with the F-22 in any way, shape, or form," one source close to the unit relayed.

Stephen Lee, a public affairs officer at Elmendorf, confirmed to The Cable that the F-22 was parked in the hanger and then was replaced by an F-15 at the White House's behest.

The airmen there took offense to the Obama aides' demand, sources told The Cable, seeing it as a slight to the folks who are operating the F-22 proudly every day. They also expressed bewilderment that the White House staff would even care so much as to make an issue out of the fact that the F-22 was placed in the hanger with the president.

A White House official, commenting on background basis, told The Cable that yes, there were discussions about which plane or planes would be in the hanger, but that they were not meant as an insult to the pilots and other personnel who work on the F-22. The official couldn't elaborate on why the White House aides felt it necessary to get involved in the matter in the first place.

The official pointed to Obama's speech to the troops that day, where he praised both the 90th Fighter Squadron, known as the "Dicemen," and the 525th Fighter Squadron, the "Bulldogs," both of which operate the F-22.

Even so, the Air Force personnel thought it odd the White House wanted to display the older plane rather than the more advanced plane that, in the eyes of its supporters, represents the latest and greatest in American aviation.

The Obama administration fought hard and successfully to cut off production of the F-22 at 187 planes, a number Defense Secretary Robert Gates endorsed but that was hundreds less than originally planned and about half of the 381 planes Air Force leadership lobbied hard for in the years preceding Obama's inauguration.

"It's one thing to be against further production; quite another to slight the folks who are flying them in the operational world," one source said, adding that "the F-15 pictured was put into service roughly around the same period when Obama graduated from college. It's vintage."

Poor fucking babies (http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2009/12/02/exclusive_white_house_aides_insisted_f_22_be_remov ed_from_obama_speech_venue). You really have to be desperate to see yourself as a victim to take this as a personal slight.

Note to wingnut infants: This post is not an excuse for you to fall to your knees sobbing uncontrollably about my "disrespect for the military," or whatever other kind of crap mischaracterization of it you might be tempted to make. It's a criticism of the specific WATB's (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WATB) who are described in the story above.

claymisher
12-02-2009, 10:50 PM
They just never stop sobbing like infants.

Poor fucking babies (http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2009/12/02/exclusive_white_house_aides_insisted_f_22_be_remov ed_from_obama_speech_venue). You really have to be desperate to see yourself as a victim to take this as a personal slight.

Note to wingnut infants: This post is not an excuse for you to fall to your knees sobbing uncontrollably about my "disrespect for the military," or whatever other kind of crap mischaracterization of it you might be tempted to make. It's a criticism of the specific WATB's (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WATB) who are described in the story above.

It's weird. It's like they internalized the worst of hippie symbolic protest, like calling history herstory. There's nothing so small they won't rant about it.

Baltimoron
12-02-2009, 10:59 PM
They need to get over it. The CINC gave an order! Period!

Baltimoron
12-03-2009, 01:08 AM
As an expat who often has to field questions about news stories about "my" country, I hate these kinds of stories. I'm about as libertarian about free speech as can be, so I'm not advocating a lid on military personnel talking to the press. But, as the recent case of the East Anglia emails demonstrates, once an opinion gets out into the public domain, strange things happen. I want military personnel to have opinions and express them publicly. But, they still have to understand that the world is not friendly to them or the butt of their jibes. They need to be prudent and keep some complaints in-house.

TwinSwords
12-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Goldflab is on top of the scandal (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/12/what_do_the_dalai_lama_and_the_1.asp):

It's really unbelievable how nuts this is -- and how nuts this administration is. What possible damage could have been done by the President of the United States standing in front of the nation's most advanced aircraft -- a feat of American technology -- while speaking to Air Force personnel. It suggests that this administration's opposition to the F-22 program was not entirely rational, and that American national security may have suffered as a result of some bizarre hostility within this administration toward...a fighter plane.

And keep in mind, Obama was happy to have his picture taken with Hugo Chavez and Daniel Ortega, but the F-22 -- a plane that Americans can and should be proud of...Obama had them move it out of the shot. If such a picture had been snapped, would the White House have airbrushed the F-22 out of it?

TwinSwords
12-03-2009, 07:47 AM
It's weird. It's like they internalized the worst of hippie symbolic protest, like calling history herstory. There's nothing so small they won't rant about it.
Yeah. And it's not just tactical whining, insincere whining for effect, intended to take down the president. Rather, many of these wingnuts sincerely feel betrayed and trampled upon.

I know it has become a cliche to say that the wingnuts love their victim cloak, but it could not be more true.

Whatfur
12-03-2009, 07:52 AM
A couple things:

"The CINC gave an order"? I didn't read that.

Who's the fucking baby? What did you expect from the leader of Omerica? F-22? Sheee-it he has black people removed from the picture when he feels it does not portray what he is looking to portray.

Stupid story where Twinsword's reaction seems about on par with his expectation of that of others. Probably did not need its own thread...could have slid in nicely with the "fraud" thread. But yeah, like claymisher said, there is nothing so small that people like TS won't rant about it.

kezboard
12-03-2009, 09:18 AM
That's absurd. I wonder if Michael Goldfarb thought for a second what his reaction would have been if Obama had *kept* the F-22 in the picture -- I'm sure it would have been something along the lines of How cynical to use this aircraft to portray himself as a supporter of the military and a strong national defense when he fought to keep it from being produced!

graz
12-03-2009, 09:39 AM
"The CINC gave an order"? I didn't read that.

Who's the fucking baby? What did you expect from the leader of Omerica? F-22? Sheee-it he has black people removed from the picture when he feels it does not portray what he is looking to portray.

Stupid story where Twinsword's reaction seems about on par with his expectation of that of others. Probably could have slid in nicely with the "fraud" thread. But yeah, like claymisher said, there is nothing so small that people like TS won't rant about it.

A couple things:
That's two too many.

...did not need its own thread...
So now your an editor... Apply liberally to self.

Whatfur
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
That's two too many.
So now your an editor... Apply liberally to self.

OMG, GRAZ! So nice of you to show up. Who would have guessed that you would drop by to add such insight into this discussion?

Lyle
12-03-2009, 12:50 PM
God, you're angry. And so whiny. :) Oh no, they didn't want to move the F-22 cause they couldn't care less if it made Obama look bad. The horror!!!