PDA

View Full Version : Question about Iraqi takes on the US invasion

JonIrenicus
11-26-2009, 04:00 AM
I honestly don't know the answer to this question so let me throw it out there.

I do not want to know what YOU would do, I want to know what you think the majority of Iraqis would do.

The details of this are not "real," it is simply meant to answer a question about our whole involvement.

Give them a magic switch. Leave the switch alone, things stay on their current course and whatever course the population steers it from here on out.

Flip the switch, and the US never invaded Iraq in the first place. We never toppled Sadaam, never broke the dictatorship and handed control over to the population. But the death squads never materialized, the deaths and decay directly related to the invasion never came. What misery there was, would simply be directly related to what the dictator doled out, and whatever other factors that existed without our involvement.

Leave the switch alone, they take things as they are and move forward

Flip the switch, they go back to the course they were on without our meddling

Which do you think most Iraqis would choose? Please, do not answer what YOU would have chosen, I really would like to know what they would pick if anyone has any insight.

kezboard
11-26-2009, 05:14 AM
...I suspect it would break down along sectarian lines.

JonIrenicus
11-26-2009, 05:35 AM
...I suspect it would break down along sectarian lines.

If so, then a majority of Sunnis would flip the switch, and the majority of shia + kurds would leave it on the current course?

I wonder what the breakdown would be.