PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Carly actually has a shot at beating Boxer?

JonIrenicus
11-04-2009, 09:24 PM
It IS California after all.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssComputerHardware/idUSN047208820091105

Though first she has to get past idiot republicans supporting a guy in the primary who has absolutely no chance to win anything, just like Simon over Riordan.

Whatfur
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I dunno, Boxer can really pack them in. (http://www1.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/11/03/sen_boxer_lone_senator_at_climate_bill_hearing.htm l)

JonIrenicus
11-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I dunno, Boxer can really pack them in. (http://www1.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/11/03/sen_boxer_lone_senator_at_climate_bill_hearing.htm l)

That video actually me feel sad for her.

I have too much empathy, character flaw.

look
11-04-2009, 11:19 PM

I have too much empathy, character flaw.Nay, nay.

Why were there no Dems sitting with her?

Whatfur
11-04-2009, 11:19 PM

I have too much empathy, character flaw.

Just go back and watch her interviewing the military officer where she gets upset when he calls her Mam it will bring you back to reality...and there are others.

JonIrenicus
11-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Just go back and watch her interviewing the military officer where she gets upset when he calls her Mam it will bring you back to reality...and there are others.

That is where the character flaw comes in, no matter how messed up people may be in moments past, if they are shunned or essentially abandoned or being kicked on the ground, I feel sympathy.

Only time it is abated is seeing something happen to the truly malevolent.

character flaw, my grudge holding capacity is too weak.

TwinSwords
11-05-2009, 06:21 AM
That is where the character flaw comes in, no matter how messed up people may be in moments past, if they are shunned or essentially abandoned or being kicked on the ground, I feel sympathy.

Only time it is abated is seeing something happen to the truly malevolent.

character flaw, my grudge holding capacity is too weak.

Just so you know, feeling compassion for other people is what makes you human. I can't believe you're sitting here talking about normal human empathy as though it was a character flaw.

Ocean
11-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Just so you know, feeling compassion for other people is what makes you human. I can't believe you're sitting here talking about normal human empathy as though it was a character flaw.

I second that.

popcorn_karate
11-05-2009, 05:06 PM
ahhh - i'm sure there was a tongue-in-cheek aspect to that, right Jon?

Its just how some men have to speak about their "weaker" emotions. Its more a cultural thing than an actual repudiation of the emotion.

i think.

JonIrenicus
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM

I was kind of being facetious, a play against the characteristic perception of people with neocon leanings as being soulless automatons.

Though I DO think I drop grudges a bit too fast.

I felt bad when Hillary was beaten. She tried hard, probably harder than Obama and wanted it more, but all of her efforts were not enough. I would have felt bad if Obama was beaten. I definitely felt bad when McCain was beaten. And that Crimson Tide theme playing him out like the defeated Captain just added to the waterw... sympathy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4u_hCBsvxg

Would not have felt sympathy for Bush in 2000 or 2004 if he was beaten, but at those times I still considered conservatives as some sort of malevolent creatures.

kezboard
11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Just go back and watch her interviewing the military officer where she gets upset when he calls her Mam it will bring you back to reality

It's interesting that while the officer seemed to take Boxer's comment in his stride and call her "Senator" without a problem, every right-winger in the blogosphere has seen this as a personal insult directed against them. Chill. Who cares what title Boxer wants to be addressed by?

Whatfur
11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
It's interesting that while the officer seemed to take Boxer's comment in his stride and call her "Senator" without a problem, every right-winger in the blogosphere has seen this as a personal insult directed against them. Chill. Who cares what title Boxer wants to be addressed by?

Sorry kez, you don't have a clue. Nobody on the right took it as a personal insult. That is ridiculous. Seems like it is you who needs the chillin.

She showed herself to be ignorant, pompous, and disrespectful and the officer took it in stride because he was none of those things. Its pointed to here because some were feeling sorry for her, but unlike those people I do not readily forget that she is ignorant, pompous, and disrespectful and for me it gets factored in to any empathy that may be generated.