PDA

View Full Version : I just ran into Glenn Loury...!

nikkibong
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
So, not to go all Cult Of Celebrity or anything, but I did just run into Glenn Loury. (And, yes, i went weak at the knees. I guess it's not only the magic of Michelle Goldberg that does it to me.)

I've mentioned before that my folks live in Providence, RI, the home of Glenn's workplace, Brown University. Indeed, I just so happen to be there now. Whenever I'm back here, I always think, "well maybe I'll run into Glenn one day . . ." Unfortunately, there are no Academic Star House Tours a la Brentwood and Beverly Hills, though, so I haven't been able to run into him...

Until tonight.

Walking down the street . . . I saw none other than the esteemed professor putting some stuff into his car! (Nice beemer, by the way.)

Before the eyes rolled to the back of my head, I managed a,

"Glenn, I'm a big fan from bloggingheads!"

"Oh thank you," he said. "Some people aren't!"

"Well that's what we love about you!" I retorted.

Blogginghead Stars - they're just like us.

PreppyMcPrepperson
10-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Sigh. That's awesome.

uncle ebeneezer
10-12-2009, 11:06 PM
So cool! I'm totally jealous of that one. Thanks for sharing the story.

cragger
11-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Pictures of kittens playing with puppies. Run with it. Just never forget where you came from and all the little people you've left behind.

Whatfur
11-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Pictures of kittens playing with puppies. Run with it. Just never forget where you came from and all the little people you've left behind.

He's not kidding, others have done it and turned it into something lucrative (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0061673765/ref=dp_otherviews_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&img=2).