PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Red Ad on side panel.

Shouter
10-06-2009, 12:50 PM
There is an advertisement running now on the right side of the BHtv page I'm watching that is from Online Reward Center. It has a rapidly flashing bright red border and a flashing red button with an X on it in the grey panel. It's telling me that I'm the 10,000th visitor to the site, and that I should "Click Here" to claim my prize.

Please remove this ad from your roster, and ask the advertiser not to submit it again. I think it's great that BHtv has advertisers, and I'm happy to consider their products, but I can't watch the diavlog running on the same page as this ad, as the ad is too distracting. I clicked on it to find out what company placed it, but there's no way I would do any business with such an advertiser, and if it keeps appearing on the site, I'll be forced to avoid BHtv in the future.

bjkeefe
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
There is an advertisement running now on the right side of the BHtv page I'm watching that is from Online Reward Center. It has a rapidly flashing bright red border and a flashing red button with an X on it in the grey panel. It's telling me that I'm the 10,000th visitor to the site, and that I should "Click Here" to claim my prize.

Please remove this ad from your roster, and ask the advertiser not to submit it again. I think it's great that BHtv has advertisers, and I'm happy to consider their products, but I can't watch the diavlog running on the same page as this ad, as the ad is too distracting. I clicked on it to find out what company placed it, but there's no way I would do any business with such an advertiser, and if it keeps appearing on the site, I'll be forced to avoid BHtv in the future.

A legitimate complaint.

One workaround: While watching, resize your browser window so it's only wide enough to display the video itself. That's what I always do, because most of the right-hand sidebar ads have some annoying characteristic.