PDA

View Full Version : Investment advice

I'm SO awesome!
08-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok so where do i park the cash I took out of the market? I can't keep it 'cuz of inflation and i don't know what's safe. Since we still haven't really addressed the toxicity issue I'm a little afraid we will face a lot of bank failures in the next five years. Does this mean that almost ALL banks will fail since they're all indebted to each other? Is that possible? Can stocks or a money market mutual fund protect against this and inflation or should I buy gold? Help! I didn't sign up for this bullshit! Fuck Goldman!!

claymisher
08-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Ok so where do i park the cash I took out of the market? I can't keep it 'cuz of inflation and i don't know what's safe. Since we still haven't really addressed the toxicity issue I'm a little afraid we will face a lot of bank failures in the next five years. Does this mean that almost ALL banks will fail since they're all indebted to each other? Is that possible? Can stocks or a money market mutual fund protect against this and inflation or should I buy gold? Help! I didn't sign up for this bullshit! Fuck Goldman!!

Are you being serious? I can't tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! gasp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popcorn_karate
08-20-2009, 03:16 PM
i stopped investing in the market 3-4 years ago. then i started again in april.

we're either at the bottom - in which case this is the time to dump money into the market, or we're so fucked that my best investments are my garden and solar panels.

but then again, my only other really good financial insight was investing in gold when GWB took office - cause i figured he'd try to destroy civilization. that worked out well for me (the insight - not GWB) but otherwise i don't have a great track record. why didn't i sell my house in '05 then rebuy it in '08 and pocket 120K - DOH!

good luck.

I'm SO awesome!
08-20-2009, 03:18 PM
yeah, man, seriously! i really can't tell wtf to do because people on Bloomberg are essentially saying that everything's ok while all the traders posting elsewhere are saying what a massive lie this is and that nothing has been fixed at all. I'd tend to agree with them. What did we do? Possibly make it worse by NOT fixing the banks or letting them fail and then adding trillions of debt to this problem. Does anyone know if our banking system can withstand this? Because I don't know enough to be able to guess whether they have the ability to break out of the zombie bank problem.

I'm SO awesome!
08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
nice. thanks for that. I'm right with you in thinking maybe the stuff I own is all I'm worth. is it time for either gold or stockpiling canned goods? i just don't see how we "fixed" anything yet and am afraid there will be a massive amount of bank failures coming soon. perhaps that's not realistic because there are many countries that are doing fine and they could buy them up slowly as they fall. basically, i don't wtf i'm talking about but it's something i'm forced to deal with. (THANKS Greenspan!!)