PDA

View Full Version : A way to save favorite diavlogs would be nice

mvantony
08-11-2009, 04:03 PM

bjkeefe
08-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I've often found myself wanting to review some diavlog or part of one that I've seen a while back, but I can't remember enough details about it to quickly and easily locate it with the search function. Being able to save diavlogs I'm especially interested in in a favorites list, much like on YouTube, would be nice. It would also be nice just for remembering which diavlogs I've been most impressed with over the months and years. (Etc.) Anyway, I realize this probably isn't possible now and at best may be a thing for the distant future, but I wanted to throw out the idea for those who think about how the site might be improved.

In the meantime, can't you just create a "Bh.tv" folder in your Bookmarks?

bjkeefe
08-11-2009, 04:52 PM
The fact that I didn't think of that is scaring me. :)

Heh. I know the feeling.

Simon Willard
08-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Leave comments!

I often remember some brilliant or snarky comment that I left. The comments are VERY searchable on Google. Search for your handle, with "bloggingheads" and any other keywords that are in your comment.

For example, here's a Google search:
"simon willard" bloggingheads "reptilian outbursts"

bjkeefe
08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Leave comments!

I often remember some brilliant or snarky comment that I left. The comments are VERY searchable on Google. Search for your handle, with "bloggingheads" and any other keywords that are in your comment.

For example, here's a Google search:
"simon willard" bloggingheads "reptilian outbursts"

Minor refinement: use site:bloggingheads.tv instead of just bloggingheads to further narrow the search.

(from (http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136861))

skolapper
09-04-2009, 06:38 AM
rnIs there a way to get to particular diavlogs from either 1 the forum "Diavlog Comments," which is the list of diavlog threads, or 2 from within a diavlog thread?
rn
rnPerhaps theres a way to do it, and its been there in front of my nose all along in which case Ill be mildly embarrassed. But, if so, I havent managed to find it yet.
rn
rnIf there isnt a way to do it, it seems to me that it would be a good thing to incorporate, if possible. I know I often find myself wanting to go directly to some diavlog or other from within the forum, without having to go through the home page of BhTV.
rn
rnAm I missing something obvious?rn

bjkeefe
09-04-2009, 06:49 AM
rnIs there a way to get to particular diavlogs from either 1 the forum "Diavlog Comments," which is the list of diavlog threads, or 2 from within a diavlog thread?

Yes, to the latter. At the top of the page for any thread that is associated with a diavlog, you'll see a line of text that reads:

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here. (Users cannot create new threads.)

and way over to the right on that same line is a link labeled "View Diavlog." Clicking that link takes you to the video page containing the diavlog corresponding to that thread.