PDA

View Full Version : The Best Show on WFMU

claymisher
08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I can't be the only person who listens to this!

AemJeff
08-07-2009, 11:45 PM
I can't be the only person who listens to this!

What, no link to the live feed? WFMU! (http://www.wfmu.org/wfmu.pls)

graz
08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the link. I've given a listen to a few episodes already... can hardly wait for more. Funny and smart... who needs more?

claymisher
08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the link. I've given a listen to a few episodes already... can hardly wait for more. Funny and smart... who needs more?

I took me a year of listening here and there to get into it. I thought Scharpling was a jerk! Now I can't get enough. Turns out he's actually really sweet.

claymisher
08-14-2009, 02:22 AM

Did you hear the one with Paul F Tompkins talking about the ICP festival?

graz
08-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Not yet... though I am looking forward to Tompkins as well as John Hodgman.
I'll be working some in today. As incredulous as some of the callers are, there is always truth in the exchanges. (The batter Budler comes to mind).
My favorite regular caller is Philly Boy Roy. And even though Sharpling takes gratuitous shots - like say at Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop or Steely Dan - It's not mean or overplayed.
I see how he could develop a following. It's a real gem.

claymisher
08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Not yet... though I am looking forward to Tompkins as well as John Hodgman.
I'll be working some in today. As incredulous as some of the callers are, there is always truth in the exchanges. (The batter Budler comes to mind).
My favorite regular caller is Philly Boy Roy. And even though Sharpling takes gratuitous shots - like say at Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop or Steely Dan - It's not mean or overplayed.
I see how he could develop a following. It's a real gem.

On the Goop deal I thought they were being too hard on her until they got to her travel tips. Hehehheh.

You know that Scharpling's comedy partner and Superchunk drummer Jon Wurster is the Philly Boy Roy et al, right?

graz
08-14-2009, 12:24 PM
You know that Scharpling's comedy partner and Superchunk drummer Jon Wurster is the Philly Boy Roy et al, right?
I figured as much, just not exactly.

The fact that it's apolitical is an added attraction.
Maybe pointless, yet never mindless.