PDA

View Full Version : Good News, hopefully

JonIrenicus
07-27-2009, 03:55 AM
http://neil.fraser.name/news/2004/etch.jpg

Seems EESTOR is on track according to its founder.

Could it all be smoke, sure, but here's to hoping they actually did what they set out to do. Because if they really have solved the problem, electric transportation will come in a deafening wave.

The black swan of electric propulsion will be vetted and shown to be true or false in the near future.

Starwatcher162536
07-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey, all they need to make it work is to find a way to decouple the dielectric constant with electric field strength and temperature.....no problem!

In fact, I have a few ideas about this myself, but I need funding. Oh btw, this research can only be done in the vicinity of Cancun, Mexico.

JonIrenicus
07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey, all they need to make it work is to find a way to decouple the dielectric constant with electric field strength and temperature.....no problem!

In fact, I have a few ideas about this myself, but I need funding. Oh btw, this research can only be done in the vicinity of Cancun, Mexico.

Exactly, just as any kind of optical invisibility was pure nonsense and could not possibly be achieved in any form.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080811092450.htm

Their time before they pass into the Paul Moller skycar / Pons/Fleishman territory is coming to a close, so we will see soon enough. But lets preserve a bit of humility.

There is one science that has been around for a long time that will stay around for a long time do to continued advancements, in some cases as strong as the biological sciences.

Materials Science. One of the most interesting and most importantly, game changing sciences around today.

Starwatcher162536
07-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Materials Science. One of the most interesting and most importantly, game changing sciences around today.

I can agree with you there at least.

Their time before they pass into the Paul Moller skycar / Pons/Fleishman territory is coming to a close, so we will see soon enough. But lets preserve a bit of humility.

Well, I didn't really research this before my first comment. However, after looking around, my skepticism is increased. This sounds like a classic case of vaporware to me.

As for my earlier point, EEStor claims they can get around this by using in paraelectric phase , but I have my doubts. I'll post again when I have time to look into this more fully, I haven't done much with double layer capacitors.

Edit:
Forgot some stuff.

A) One of my main reasons to be skeptical, is that it is such a radical claim, with little pre-indicators this was coming. Technology evolves, breakthroughs usually only seem like breakthroughs to those that weren't paying attention.

B)Lets just say for the sake of argument they are really on to something. I have a hard time believing they would be ready to put this thing into electric cars as soon as they say they will be ready to. This thing would not have a benign failure, with the energy densities they are talking about, this thing would go off like a bomb.

C)I also forget to mention that they have had several delays up to this point, and their patents won't have any legal power, as they never mentioned how they overcome several tecknical hurdles

Starwatcher162536
07-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I talked to a friend of mine who knows this stuff alot better then I do, he said he doubted that Barium Nitrate would go paraelectric at the tempertures they are talking about (-20C to 60C) with their stated particle size (.67 microns). He said you would probably need to get around to 20 nanometers or so to get that.

On the other hand, Lockheed Martin seems to have some sort of dealings with them. As of yet, have not been able to find details.

As for their claim that BA(NO3)2, not saturating, I have not been able to confirm there story, as the properties of it depend on some rather fine details, they have not released.