PDA

View Full Version : A test of conviction for Obama. Or credit where credit is due.

graz
05-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Tell ya what, Mr. Goolsbee--wait, wasn't "Goolsbee" the third cartoon monster cereal spokesman, along with Frankenberry and Count Chocula? Goolsberry™, with Partly Decomposed Miniature Marshmallows?--uh, tell you what, sir, at this point I'll believe your boss when his ass is in the chair vetoing any legislation that doesn't include interest caps and the elimination of hidden fees. I could care less how he characterizes their extortion demands in the meantime.

http://doghouseriley.blogspot.com/2009/05/sometimes-you-could-almost-get.html

bjkeefe
05-19-2009, 04:37 PM
http://doghouseriley.blogspot.com/2009/05/sometimes-you-could-almost-get.html

Great to see you reading DR.

graz
05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Great to see you reading DR.

Thanks to you!

graz
05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I think that Riley is right in his wait and see attitude regarding whether Obama signs the watered down credit card bill. To the extent that he has to choose his battles, this seems like a fair representation of a true test of his convictions. He won't lose any voters by requiring interest caps, etc... Is tweaking the existing laws really enough of a fix or in line with his tough talk?

(added) It seems very likely that he will gladly sign the likely current bill by Memorial Day. It won't contain an uniform interest cap. Eh.

bjkeefe
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
I think that Riley is right in his wait and see attitude regarding whether Obama signs the watered down credit card bill. To the extent that he has to choose his battles, this seems like a fair representation of a true test of his convictions. He won't lose any voters by requiring interest caps, etc... Is tweaking the existing laws really enough of a fix or in line with his tough talk?

(added) It seems very likely that he will gladly sign the likely current bill by Memorial Day. It won't contain an uniform interest cap. Eh.

Haven't been following this part of the news close enough to be able to say anything useful.