PDA

View Full Version : So what magazines/papers do you read?

Starwatcher162536
04-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I happened to mention magazines/papers I read in another thread and started to wonder what kind of stuff my fellow blogging heads commenter read. So what do you?

nikkibong
04-07-2009, 11:38 PM
For newspapers, including, but not limited to: The Wall Street Journal, NYT, Financial Times, LAT, Washington Post, Guardian, Daily Express, Independent, Le Figaro, The Korea Herald, and even occasionally the Oregonian.

I'm a subscriber to The Atlantic, Conde Nast Portfolio, and the New Republic. I also regularly read The Weekly Standard, The Nation, the NY Press, Le Point, the LA Weekly, The Portland Mercury, Vanity Fair, Esquire, Forbes, Der Spiegel, the New York Review of Books, and the London Review of Books.

I have never read an issue of Time or Newsweek.

Oh yeah, I also read Playboy. For the articles.

bjkeefe
04-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Shorter nikkibong:

Uh, all of them.

uncle ebeneezer
04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Papers? You mean like EZ-Wider? (this was supposed to be Nikki's joke, but alas, it had to be said)

I read the LA Times in paper form. Everything else is blogs. But I was never a real regular paper reader. The internet has been a great thing for me.

rfrobison
04-11-2009, 07:16 AM
"I used to think, now I just read The Economist" Oh, and since I once worked for the "The Japan Times" I sometimes read that, too.

Baltimoron
04-11-2009, 07:39 AM
I've subscribed to The Economist for over 20 years, and Foreign Policy for five years. I use Bloglines and podcasts for all other RSS feeds. I also have watched the Online Newshour on PBS regularly for over 20 years.