PDA

View Full Version : Staying Connected

uncle ebeneezer
04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Most sites where I have to login have an option for staying logged in for a certain amount of time. One forum let's me be logged in for 6 hours even if I leave or shut down my browser. Why is there nothing like this here? There could very well be a good reason, I'm just curious as I hate when I go to comment and realize that I have to log in again (often twice.)

AemJeff
04-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Most sites where I have to login have an option for staying logged in for a certain amount of time. One forum let's me be logged in for 6 hours even if I leave or shut down my browser. Why is there nothing like this here? There could very well be a good reason, I'm just curious as I hate when I go to comment and realize that I have to log in again (often twice.)

I stay logged on here for months at a time on multiple systems. I remember seeing the login screen unexpectedly no more than two or three times, total.

bjkeefe
04-02-2009, 05:22 PM

I have the same experience as Jeff. About the only thing I can think to suggest is double-check that you're allowing cookies to be set and that you don't have your browser set to clear your cookies when you close it.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, the next time you're asked to login in, try flushing your cache first.

Oh, wait. You are checking the little "remember me" box when you log in, aren't you?