PDA

View Full Version : The passing of an Age...Battlestar Galactica

Starwatcher162536
03-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Battlestar Galactica has ended. I am a sad panda.

I have to say I was rather disappointed by the second half of the final episode. I have always thought BG was at it's best when it dealed with politics and the fleet just trying to survive in this terrible situation without tearing itself apart, and at it's worst when dealing with God, magic, and prophecy.

My favorite episodes were the Pegasus Arc, The Civilian Gov't facing off against the Admiral Arc, and most of the 1 episode arcs about various practical problems of the fleet (Black market, workers rights, etc.)

JonIrenicus
03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Battlestar Galactica has ended. I am a sad panda.

I have to say I was rather disappointed by the second half of the final episode. I have always thought BG was at it's best when it dealed with politics and the fleet just trying to survive in this terrible situation without tearing itself apart, and at it's worst when dealing with God, magic, and prophecy.

My favorite episodes were the Pegasus Arc, The Civilian Gov't facing off against the Admiral Arc, and most of the 1 episode arcs about various practical problems of the fleet (Black market, workers rights, etc.)

Was it really a good show? I just remember watching some of the episodes and thinking, wow, androids and humans fighting, booooooooooring. I was more a firefly man myself, which I think was probably a better show, but no one watched it.

If as many people tried out firefly it would have been a hit. BSG had a more interesting premise I guess, but the initial episodes did not pull me in.

Nate
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Firefly was awesome. (It has been discussed in some threads on here before, so I know I am not the only one who thinks so.) Its cancelling was more the doing of FOX and the way they screwed up the show (initially airing the episodes out of order, etc.) than anything else. (the fanbase for it certainly skyrocketed after it was taken off, which is likely the reason there was a movie)

As far as BSG, I haven't followed it regularly, but now that it is off the air, I will likely watch all the old episodes. (downloaded illegally via torrent of course)

Starwatcher162536
03-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Was it really a good show? I just remember watching some of the episodes and thinking, wow, androids and humans fighting, booooooooooring. I was more a firefly man myself, which I think was probably a better show, but no one watched it.

If as many people tried out firefly it would have been a hit. BSG had a more interesting premise I guess, but the initial episodes did not pull me in.

They may both be sci-fi's, but I can't really get my head around comparing them directly. BSG was a semi serious grand space opera while firefly was more of a lighthearted comedy.