PDA

View Full Version : Video Stream problems

sugarkang
01-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Is anyone getting buffer problems?
It seems this has been happening more often lately.
That is, the video starts and stops intermittently.
Is bloggingheads being overloaded?

AemJeff
01-31-2009, 04:41 PM

I haven't had that problem recently. Is there any pattern to when is occurs? One minor strategy that can help when the issue is marginal bandwidth is to pause the stream for a few seconds to let the local buffer fill. Flash doesn't seem to let you do this indefinitely, unfortunately, so it doesn't work when when you need a lot than you have. Of course you can always download the stream if the problem is that bad.

bjkeefe
01-31-2009, 05:39 PM

I've seen it a couple of times over the past week or so. One thing I've found is that if it does it more than once, and Jeff's "pause" suggestion doesn't work, just reload the page (note the time where you're leaving off first). That seems to clear things for me.

sugarkang
02-07-2009, 03:38 AM
Videos play normal for me again.
I guess I feared that bloggingheads was at the tipping point of popularity and couldn't handle the load. Guess not ;)

komencanto
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
my problem is if my wireless connection gets a bit choppy during a diavlog then it will stop and won't start again without a page reload no matter how good the connection gets.

AemJeff
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
my problem is if my wireless connection gets a bit choppy during a diavlog then it will stop and won't start again without a page reload no matter how good the connection gets.

All I can say is that Flash doesn't seem very reliable at maintaining an interrupted stream. I often click the "Start Clip" button periodically during a diavlog, so that if I lose my place I have a notion of where to try and restart the clip.

johnatthebar
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I've been having this problem a lot, too.