PDA

View Full Version : Site Suggestion: Bloggingheads blog

Nate
01-30-2009, 07:45 AM
I think Bloggingheads should have its' own blog. It could have people who appear on Bloggingheads write a quick entry to correspond with their appearance, or just have regular contributors, or whatever.

A traffic gold mine, I am telling you.

AemJeff
01-30-2009, 08:28 AM
I think Bloggingheads should have its' own blog. It could have people who appear on Bloggingheads write a quick entry to correspond with their appearance, or just have regular contributors, or whatever.

Isn't that what we have here? Granted there's no formal distance between 'heads and the commentariat here in the swamps, but so long as the d'vloggers identify themselves as such, that's not much of a problem.

Nate
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I like the message board and comment section as much as anyone, but if there was an actual blog, (located at bloggingheads.tv/blog or something) it would be a more formal place to put down thoughts for the people appearing on the site. Of course, the blog could have its own comment section as well, but it just seems like a site called "bloggingheads" is missing an opportunity by not having a blog of its own.

TwinSwords
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM

Oh, that's a great idea! Absolutely fantastic.

However, I think it should be blogged by a single regular contributor, rather that be a group blog. Or, perhaps it could mainly be the blog of a single individual, with contributions from the Bloggingheads.

Then again, it's probably too early to start quibbling over the details -- whatever the final form, it's a great idea. One more way to broaden the appeal of BHTV.

uncle ebeneezer
01-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Speaking of which, when is Bob gonna get a blog? It is, um Blogging-heads, after all.

bjkeefe
01-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Speaking of which, when is Bob gonna get a blog? It is, um Blogging-heads, after all.

Scroll down to "Staff" on this page (http://www.progressiverealist.org/about-progressive-realist).

uncle ebeneezer
01-31-2009, 02:37 AM
Wow, good find. Bookmarked it already.

Nate
02-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh, that's a great idea! Absolutely fantastic.

However, I think it should be blogged by a single regular contributor, rather that be a group blog. Or, perhaps it could mainly be the blog of a single individual, with contributions from the Bloggingheads.

Then again, it's probably too early to start quibbling over the details -- whatever the final form, it's a great idea. One more way to broaden the appeal of BHTV.

Yeah, that would be good. It could also be a good place for site announcements and whatnot. Only one main person (or only 2 or 3) would likely be optimal than a mishmash of people, I totally agree with you on that. Any blog would be better than no blog, however.

I am just surprised that it hasn't been done yet.

TwinSwords
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, that would be good. It could also be a good place for site announcements and whatnot. Only one main person (or only 2 or 3) would likely be optimal than a mishmash of people, I totally agree with you on that. Any blog would be better than no blog, however.
Agreed.

I've never been as attracted to group blogs as to single-person blogs, but my preference may not be typical -- and there are definitely a lot of successful group blogs, so despite my personal prefernce, group blogs have proven they can work.

I am just surprised that it hasn't been done yet.
I know what you mean. As soon as you mentioned it, it seemed like such an obvious idea. It would be a great way to bring repeat traffic back to the site.

And if nothing else, it would give Bob a source of revenue via BlogAds -- assuming he had enough traffic to justify it. (I think he would, given the success of BHTV.)

Anyway, I'm glad you made the suggestion, and I hope Bob is listening.

Nate
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
And if nothing else, it would give Bob a source of revenue via BlogAds -- assuming he had enough traffic to justify it. (I think he would, given the success of BHTV.)
That is an excellent point; I had not thought of that. Google AdSense or other types of ads are pretty standard on most blogs. I can imagine most people are accustomed to them and would not mind seeing them on a blog.

(actually, I am surprised Bob hasn't put Adsense on the regular diavlogs at least down on the bottom of the page or something where it would be hardly noticeable)

Nate
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
It just hit me that the "Highlight Reel" on the front page is basically a mini-version of a blog itself. Whoever writes those could just expand them slightly (and perhaps post them slightly more often with a comments section) and that could constitute the beginnings of a blog to see how popular it would be.