PDA

View Full Version : This is a great site

JonIrenicus
01-26-2009, 08:16 PM
It may have been said before, but the frequent guests, and interesting guests make coming back to this site very enjoyable.

I am glad Bob and Mickey and Dingle and whoever else created it, and hope it stays solvent into the future.

graz
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
It may have been said before, but the frequent guests, and interesting guests make coming back to this site very enjoyable.

I am glad Bob and Mickey and Dingle and whoever else created it, and hope it stays solvent into the future.

I second your thoughts. And as it is something that I would truly miss, I too toast to its continuation. As for solvency... Are you privy to inside info as to whether this business model is sustainable?

What business model? Bob jokes about it, Mickey disparages it and Dingle is only in play with his namesake video grab. Perhaps they are only providing a public service? If so - Thanks.

JonIrenicus
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
I second your thoughts. And as it is something that I would truly miss, I too toast to its continuation. As for solvency... Are you privy to inside info as to whether this business model is sustainable?

What business model? Bob jokes about it, Mickey disparages it and Dingle is only in play with his namesake video grab. Perhaps they are only providing a public service? If so - Thanks.

on the solvency, I have no idea, but who knows on these things, it is not like the site is littered with ads, and streaming video can't be without cost, I just hope whatever those costs are, there is enough income to keep the site going.

TwinSwords
01-26-2009, 09:34 PM

I third that. It's so unusual for someone to say something positive. But I'm glad you did: BHTV is a great enterprise. Many thanks to everyone involved.

nikkibong
01-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Fourthed. (is this appropriate parliamentary language?!) BHTV rules!

A great group of commenters, too.

bjkeefe
01-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Fifthed, if it isn't already blindingly obvious how I feel about this site.

rustydude
02-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I agree.

I was just reading the other day some a or b list blogger, can't remember who exactly, saying that he/she has totally given up on watching talking heads, as a totally pointless exercise. On the one hand, I had to agree since I stopped watching television news about 10 years ago. On the other hand I found myself sputtering to answer the blogger... "but, but, but... what about bloggingheads?!"

I'm not sure if the blogger in question tunes into bloggingheads. If he/she doesn't then they oughta give it a try. But in truth, bloggingheads has turned the talking heads format on it's head... so to speak. Long continuous format dialog - especially in a low cost but high quality format such as this, might just be the news and information delivery vehicle of the future.

bjkeefe
10-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Here's a tech note that may be of interest to some members of the Bh.tv community.

Click here (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/online.php).

To follow up on the link Jeff points to, for those who are concerned about being "visible" when logged in to the forum and who don't already know, you can do something about this: set your account to "invisible mode."

To turn on the vBulletin "invisible mode," do the following.

0. Make sure you're logged in.

1. Click "User CP" in the horizontal toolbar at the top of any page in the forum.

2. Click "Edit Options" in the left column.

3. Check the box labeled "Use Invisible Mode."

4. Scroll down to the bottom of that same page and click the button labeled "Save Changes."

You can confirm that you are in "invisible mode" by noticing that there is an asterisk next to your username where logged-in members' usernames are displayed -- on the "Who's Online" page Jeff linked to, or at the bottom of a thread page in the forum. You will be able to see your own username, but all other commenters, including the spam-busters, will not.

Setting your account to "invisible mode" will also mean that certain information will not be displayed to others elsewhere. For example, the "Last Activity" field on your Public Profile page will not be shown, and if you visit someone else's Public Profile page, your name will not be displayed as one of the "Recent Visitors."

Note that the above almost certainly does not hold for site admins (a group to which the spam-busters do not belong) -- just as with every other site on the Web, it goes with the territory. Investigate Tor (http://www.torproject.org/) and more generally, look up onion router (http://www.google.com/search?q=onion+router), if you're really about concerned hiding your tracks when you visit a Web site.

Whatfur
10-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Wow...thanks bunches. pbbbbbt.

osmium
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM

Something I can vote for and feel great about. BhTV is awesome.

SkepticDoc
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
second (or whatever numerical order is appropriate!) that!

Whatfur
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Something I can vote for and feel great about. BhTV is awesome.

I agree...

Do note that this thread was started by Jon a number of months ago and was brought back from the dead by Brendan as he obviously felt a need to perform some personal damage control and aligning his little "read more about it" moment with this fuzzy wuzzy thread satisfied those purposes. Thus, although Jon's original sentiment and the sentiments of most that followed were genuine. Brendan's hijacking was as shallow as Obama's recent photo-op in Dover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzrLwUrwDAk).