PDA

View Full Version : The Libertarian Guantlet Thrown

uncle ebeneezer
11-16-2008, 01:40 AM
At long last, some young guns (Matt & Ezra) have called forth a challenge to Libertarianism:

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/ezraklein_archive?month=11&year=2008&base_name=libertarianism#110943

Seeing as how this site disporportionately represents libertarianism, I hope we can get a diavlog setup with Matt/Ezra and a Libertarian defender (Will, Brink, Dan Drezner, etc.) soon.

bjkeefe
11-16-2008, 01:48 AM
At long last, some young guns (Matt & Ezra) have called forth a challenge to Libertarianism:

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/ezraklein_archive?month=11&year=2008&base_name=libertarianism#110943

Seeing as how this site disporportionately represents libertarianism, I hope we can get a diavlog setup with Matt/Ezra and a Libertarian defender (Will, Brink, Dan Drezner, etc.) soon.

These thoughts apply well to what I was saying about Conn and Heritage in the TWiB thread. Thanks for the links.

uncle ebeneezer
11-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Something about Libertarianism (or Libertarians) has never completely rung true to me but I could never quite put my finger on what it was. I think Matt (and especially Ezra) really hit the nail on the head, at least for me.

Bob, make this diavlog happen, please.

bjkeefe
11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Something about Libertarianism (or Libertarians) has never completely rung true to me but I could never quite put my finger on what it was. I think Matt (and especially Ezra) really hit the nail on the head, at least for me.

Bob, make this diavlog happen, please.

I should have said earlier that there are any number of libertarian principles that I admire and/or agree with as policy goals. Libertarianism as described by MY and EK, though, not so much.

And I generally have a problem with those who regularly begin sentences with, "As a Libertarian, I ..." (*coughmcardlecough*) They're usually the ones who deserve the leading G.

Bobby G
12-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I strongly disagree! Buy my products!