PDA

View Full Version : Costumes

uncle ebeneezer
10-31-2008, 04:23 PM
So what are you all dressing up as for Halloween?

I'm going to be a priest with issues: priest outfit with gay-leather biker hat. If I can find some armbands with metal spikes I'll be a full-on Judas Priest (resembling the lead singer Rob Halford.) Not sure how this outfit is gonna help my chances with the ladies, but it's totally my kind of humor.

Happy Halloween all-- Uncle Eb

AemJeff
10-31-2008, 04:59 PM
So what are you all dressing up as for Halloween?

I'm going to be a priest with issues: priest outfit with gay-leather biker hat. If I can find some armbands with metal spikes I'll be a full-on Judas Priest (resembling the lead singer Rob Halford.) Not sure how this outfit is gonna help my chances with the ladies, but it's totally my kind of humor.

Happy Halloween all-- Uncle Eb

I'm staying in tonight, but you remind me of my costume from about fifteen years ago - a priest's cassock over a stuffed bra, with a baby-face/homunculus sort of mask with sewn up eyes and lips. I also carried an antique bible (borrowed), which another party guest, dressed like Little Bo Peep (b/w a mace), chose to burn - much to my irritation, as I had to explain the incident to the Bible's owner. I dunno how yours will help you with the ladies tonight, but that night, for me was kind of interesting - somehow wearing that bra seemed to elicit a lot of curiosity among the women present. (Who am I kidding, of course I did better than usual, my face was hidden!)

Happy Halloween!

Bobby G
10-31-2008, 05:39 PM
My wife and I are going as Fanny and Freddie. Pretty lame, I know.

uncle ebeneezer
10-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Actually that's kinda funny. I'm trying to imagine how one dresses like Fannie and Freddie, but drawing a blank. Do tell.

On a random note my current band wrote a song called Force Majeure several months ago that is basically a fantasy about running away based on that moment when you hit your mid-30's and are swallowed in debt and realizing that you probably always will be. My singer wrote these great lyrics that referred to Freddie Mac and starting a convoy on the FDIC (we are very tongue in cheek) and now evryone will probably think we are trying to capitalize on the bailout. Anyways, neither here nor there.

Bobby G
10-31-2008, 09:13 PM
In truth, I'm trying to make two parties. One that requires you to dress up and one that requires you to dress to impress. So I was trying to think of a costume that would allow me to dress suavely and Halloweenly. Fannie and Freddie is what we came up with.

bjkeefe
10-31-2008, 09:43 PM
If I can find some armbands with metal spikes I'll be a full-on Judas Priest (resembling the lead singer Rob Halford.)

There's something really creepy about a drummer dressing up as a lead singer, Levon Helm notwithstanding.

;^)

Have a Happy one.

uncle ebeneezer
10-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Ahh, but tonight I'm on guitar.

I am kinda bummed that the costume store was all out of the studded armbands that would have made the Rob Halford/Judas Priest joke even more fitting.

nikkibong
11-01-2008, 02:06 AM
well, it's pretty much a grey sweatshirt with a bit of puke spilled over it.

not much of a costume, but the bottle of rumpelmintz consumed this evening with friends was what did it . . .