PDA

View Full Version : Austrian School of Economics vs. Keynesian Economics

sugarkang
10-27-2008, 11:44 PM
hi. i just stumbled on this site accidentally through the new york times.
what a great site for meaningful discussion on topics that really matter.

i just got done watching the noam scheiber and matt welch vid. it seems that this is the real discussion that should be driving the policies in washington.
i would love to see a discussion of Austrian School vs. Keynesian economics.

who's with me?

TwinSwords
10-28-2008, 12:35 AM

i just got done watching the noam scheiber and matt welch vid. it seems that this is the real discussion that should be driving the policies in washington.

who's with me?

Hey, welcome to BHTV, glad you found it, hope you enjoy it.

And I agree: that would be an interesting topic of discussion. Not anything I know much about, but the Ron Paul movement has made me curious to learn more about the Austrian School of Economics.

Bobby G
10-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Get Peter Boettke (http://economics.gmu.edu/pboettke/) on to discuss Austrian econ with Bryan Caplan. Both know both it and mainstream econ extremely well, and Caplan really is down on Austrian econ (http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/bcaplan/whyaust.htm) while Boettke is up on it.

bkjazfan
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM

who's with me?

I'm with you. Especially now with this government bailout mania occurring which the Austrian school is against. Sure, many consider this school of thought way too conservative and archaic but after familairizing myself with them I think their voice should be heard.

John