PDA

View Full Version : To MP4 or not to MP4

KEgstedt
07-08-2008, 11:29 AM
It is my fundamental belief that BloggingHeads cannot comfortably claim to have successfully emerged from the Dark Ages while at the same time only offering .WMV downloads and not providing more iPod-friendly video files. I know it's possible to download the mp3 versions and transfer them to your iPod, but personally I simply refuse to listen to sound files from BHTV on the grounds that it would, you know, takes the "Heads" out of "Bloggingheads" for me. As it stands, I have to go through quite a few painfully slow video conversion processes (sometimes several times a week) just to be able to enjoy stimulating BloggingHeads discussions wherever and whenever I want. Surely my immense suffering must be in violation of at least half a dozen constitutional amendments? Or is everyone else perfectly happy with Bloggingheads being soft on Microsoft and clinging to their WMVs? ;)

claymisher
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Agreed!

I would go further, and also demand .m4a audio files, because they have chapters. Surely this would be almost no trouble to automate. (I suspect most of the podcast listeners are using iTunes.)

step21
07-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I can only support this ... please support mp4 (ipod ready if possible) and maybe m4a/m4b files with chapter support, would be really cool.

Bobby G
07-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Fourthed!

Magic Flea
07-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Excellent suggestion. Also agreed.

DisturbingClown
07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Even better would be an iphone application to stream diavlogs, but forgoing that, posting other video and audio formats would be cool.