PDA

View Full Version : UN Plaza: International Justice

Bloggingheads
06-01-2008, 09:21 AM

fedorovingtonboop
06-01-2008, 01:44 PM
mark, you are awesome. that said, UN diavlog probably needs to be retired. also on the list: anything to do with the election, "free Will," horgan and george, and bob and mickey. there's probably more but i can't think of them now. bob, just have you more experienced speakers find new people and interview them. we need new info and you guys already know how to guide them through 45min - an hour of talking, which isn't easy. i'd say just send out invites to every writer from every site linked on aldaily and interview all of them or something because there's no way some of these guys can be expected to offer anything new after a few appearances.

Eastwest
06-01-2008, 03:08 PM
UN diavlog probably needs to be retired.

fedorovingtonboop: What you just wrote has to be one of the more idiotic posts I've ever read on this site.

UN Plaza is one of the most valuable DV programs on BHTV.

Mark: Keep up the good work. Another fine effort drawing in new people with new and important information available nowhere else.

Thanks for your work.

EW

fedorovingtonboop
06-01-2008, 03:25 PM
i'd have to say you're the idiot then for actually paying attention to the UN. why would you waste your time like that? it's impossible for the UN to accomplish anything of any meaning because everyone's in charge. you should stop wasting your time

ohcomeon
06-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I submit that it is probably a waste of your time to try to tell other people how to spend their time. I will now waste my time suggesting what you might want to do with yours. Since you have no interest in current politics, the UN, science or the array of topics Will introduces on this site perhaps you might want to check out a little program in syndication called Entertainment Tonight. It might be more to your liking.

bjkeefe
06-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Perhaps one of the reasons some people consider the UN irrelevant is that not enough attention is paid to it. These diavlogs always tell me something I didn't know, so I'll add another vote in favor of keeping "UN Plaza."

fedorovingtonboop
06-01-2008, 04:09 PM
nice try, i go to about 15 news sites a day and, thankfully, i don't have to bookmark this talk because i can get hard news from nyt, ecnomist, etc. what's the deal with people getting so emotional when they're offended? here's a text summary of the next 400 years of UN diavlogs/news reports: "The UN had a meeting. They decided to continue to pass out food."
i don't have a problem with will, per say, he's good at interviewing people and, believe me, i'd be the last guy to volunteer for a talk because filling 45 mins is damn hard.
ultimately, though, if bob wants to take this site big time, which it sounds like he does, then this is something he's going to have to think about. always shoot for improvement. harder news, new speakers, more experts, less repetition, etc. i'm sure he's trying but..
i love politics and science but too often, i can get better info at nyt, salon, slate, sciencedaily, TWM, SCIAM, newsweek, etc.
to be good at interpreting politics and science you gotta forget how you want the world to be and try to see it as it is. and the truth is, the UN ain't goin' nowhere's and hopefully, Bob's goin' big time;)

Wonderment
06-01-2008, 04:14 PM
UN Plaza rocks!!!!

If Bob ever pulls the plug, we will surround Bheads international corporate headquarters with protesters and go on a hunger strike until Mark and Matthew are liberated to broadcast again.

a Duoist
06-01-2008, 04:23 PM
There have been so many cautions from so many brilliant people (including Fromm psychoanalysis and Arendt philosophical analysis) about rule by bureaucrats that one can't help but hope that the unelected judges at the I.C.C. appointed by unelected bureaucrats will always be confronted by a sharp questioning of their actions, rulings, and operations.

It is the court's designed insularity from democratic sovereignty that assures its continued controversy.

fedorovingtonboop
06-01-2008, 04:26 PM
no!!! if the plug is pulled, i would hope Bob (the tyrannical Bheads dictator) will use his veto powers so that nothing will be done about it! remember bob, once the plug is pulled, you'll offend your neighbors and trading partners if any action is taken at all;)
just let it happen and we'll all say "Never Again" so we won't scare the other guests.

themightypuck
06-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Stick with the interwebs and go to TMZ. Never a dull moment.

Baltimoron
06-02-2008, 07:59 AM
The US joining the ICC is a no-go because of the inevitability of investigations publicizing evidence of the revolving door between government officials and consultancy firms.

Flaw
06-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I watch UN plaza every week. It is a great way of keeping up on UN news.