PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Video

Big Wayne
05-16-2008, 12:45 PM
God bless America.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/16/ellen-degeneres-says-she_n_102048.html

While the Republicans have taught me to never underestimate the power of hate and evil, I simply cannot believe they (hate, evil, and the Republicans) can win out over love and good for long.

As a great man once said, the arc of the moral universe bends towards justice.

bjkeefe
05-16-2008, 01:28 PM
A nice moment and a great day.

Big Wayne
05-22-2008, 02:20 AM
If only there were more like this one...

Schwarzenegger: Gay marriage may boost California’s economy.

Speaking in San Francisco yesterday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) said he hopes that the state Supreme Court’s recent ruling allowing gay marriage will lead more couples to come to the state to be wed:

You know, I’m wishing everyone good luck with their marriages and I hope that California’s economy is booming because everyone is going to come here and get married.

The San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau also expects a tourism boom this summer, and its website now “promotes a gay travel section” and “explains that same-sex couples are ‘officially allowed to marry in the state of California.’” Schwarzenegger has promised to oppose any amendments banning gay marriage.

bjkeefe
05-22-2008, 04:29 AM
Big Wayne:

I remember when AS first took office and came out fairly harshly against gay rights. This surprised me, given his previous career. I guess I wrote it off to him trying to toe the party line. I am delighted to read of his new official attitude, and I can only hope that he's a leading indicator of a new direction for the GOP.