PDA

View Full Version : George Johnson on Colbert

graz
05-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I was half-asleep, so tell me I wasn't dreaming when I saw George representing Faraday on Comedy Central?

bjkeefe
05-08-2008, 11:56 PM
I saw that. Glad he got the exposure, but I don't think that was the best forum for him.

graz
05-09-2008, 12:23 AM
I saw that. Glad he got the exposure, but I don't think that was the best forum for him.

I reviewed it tonight and being fully awake was kind of surprised by his performance. It wasn't a forum for highlighting his love and respect for science. But maybe a few book sales will come from his meeting his publishers request.
I thought the rapid hand jive electricity bit was over the top for a guy who balked at John Horgan's dirty words.

bjkeefe
05-09-2008, 12:47 AM
graz:

... the rapid hand jive electricity bit ...

LOL! I had forgotten about that part. I couldn't decide whether he was honestly oblivious to what that looked like, or didn't care and thinks anyone who giggled at it should grow up, or figured, "That'll get their attention," and so did it on purpose.

osmium
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM
i just found this thread and watched the video (http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?videoId=167602).

i like stephen colbert, but i found myself getting really annoyed that george wasn't getting a chance to explain the experiment. oh george, we are your audience here, not those jokers!

the part where colbert touched the electrodes, though--that was pretty funny.