PDA

View Full Version : Party of Ostriches

Bloggingheads
05-05-2008, 02:33 PM

claymisher
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I'd have preferred Matt to take on somebody a little more invested in foreign policy. Can we have a do-over?

bjkeefe
05-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd have preferred Matt to take on somebody a little more invested in foreign policy. Can we have a do-over?

Overall, I thought this diavlog did a good job of presenting Matt's view of foreign policy, so you could think of this one as more of a Free Will-type interview than a debate. I think Reihan is invested in foreign policy, but I agree a little bit with your reaction, in that it might have been helpful and/or interesting if Reihan had presented some of his dissents a little more forcefully. So, I'd ask for not so much of a do-over as a do-it-again.

bjkeefe
05-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Shorter kidneystones:

I am so far around the bend in my loathing for Obama that I no longer even pretend to relate my comments to the substance of the diavlog.

Sgt Schultz
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow! So many tales of measured Dem politicians & reasonable public intellectuals.
It's as thought no Dems ever screamed "Evil" "BusHitler" "Stupid" & NBA-style floor-flopping "Don't Question my patriotism! You war mongering selected-not-elected chimp lover!"
Matt's so influential it's like (exactly like) getting a preview of the Time-Life Books - History of the United States: Iraq War.

bjkeefe
05-05-2008, 08:51 PM
kidneystones:

What does any of your "message" -- which I'd say sounds more like conspiracy-theory ravings than anything else -- have to do with the diavlog? That's all I'm asking.

Namazu
05-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Since he's written a book on foreign policy, can't Matt at least pretend to give a sh*t about accuracy and refer to "the party formerly known as SCIRI?" It's not like I'm asking for context or perspective or anything.

threep
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Seriously, kidneystones was a liberal, right? I can't keep people straight.

osmium
05-06-2008, 12:01 AM
wearing a green lantern shirt, to tie in with the green lantern theory of american hard power? A-1-double-plus. is matt the first ironic foreign policy pundit? i for one approve ...

Bobby G
05-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Welcome to Friday's! What would you like?

Something better than what Bill Ayers did to people!

brucds
05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Count on Kidneystones to elevate any discourse...

graz
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=kidneystones;
Had an interesting chat with a member of the creative class last night, a real one. Like me, he can't stand Obama, but he knew absolutely nothing of Bill Ayers. [/QUOTE]

Had an interesting chat with a homeless guy last night, a real one (eats food from dumpsters etc...) Unlike me he can't stand Obama, but knew everything about Bill Ayers. In fact the reason for his predicament is that he put all his chips in the Weather Underground basket. I said to him: Hey man , your livin' in the past... times have changed... the revolution will not be televised. I offered him a meal and told him that an Obama victory will allow him to come in from the cold, because a surreptitious WU will be reactivated.
Fight the power.

johnatthebar
05-11-2008, 02:57 AM
If Reihan is not some sort of superintelligent Moon-man, I'm convinced that he's at least a time traveler who's found a way to operate at a higher RPM than the rest of us mortals.