PDA

View Full Version : "View Diavlog" link

AemJeff
04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Does anybody else have the problem that the link doesn't seem to be terminated properly? It's distracting to see every post uniformly underlined. I've tried with both FireFox and IE.

bjkeefe
04-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Does anybody else have the problem that the link doesn't seem to be terminated properly? It's distracting to see every post uniformly underlined. I've tried with both FireFox and IE.

Don't see what you mean, Jeff. Links work for me, in that clicking on them launches the appropriate diavlog, and I don't see any bleed of the underlining.

Maybe it got fixed since you posted?

AemJeff
04-26-2008, 03:28 PM
It must be me - or at least my laptop. I'll have to wander over to another machine and see.

AemJeff
04-26-2008, 03:54 PM
The problem is only visible in the first post displayed. If you're using "Linear Mode" then the first post is empty and as such the problem doesn't manifest. If you're using "Mixed Mode" you'll only see it if the first post in the thread hasn't scrolled off the top of the screen.

And, duh, I should have added I've tested the problem on multiple machines without seeing a difference.

bjkeefe
04-26-2008, 05:56 PM
AemJeff:

I tried looking at the thread for today's Science Saturday diavlog, since it has only 14 posts at this moment. I tried switching to linear and hybird modes, and I still don't see any problems.

I was going to suggest that you start Firefox in "safe mode," in case an add-on is causing the problem, but you say you've reproduced the error in IE, as well. But, still, it might be worth trying.

Sorry not to be able to confirm what you're seeing.

AemJeff
04-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks Brendan. Knowing that it's not a universal problem is useful.

Brenda
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Jeff, could you send a screenshot to support@bloggingheads.tv?

We just added the View Diavlog link yesterday, so it could be buggy.

AemJeff
04-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks Brenda. That's done.

Brenda
04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks, Jeff. We'll get the problem fixed. Could be a few hours or a few days.

AemJeff
04-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks, Jeff. We'll get the problem fixed. Could be a few hours or a few days.

It works. That seemed more like a few picoseconds! Thanks.