PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How do you watch BHtv?

thprop
04-04-2008, 12:45 PM
It has become very difficult to watch BHtv on streaming mode with a browser. I have problems with both IE and Firefox. The stream cuts out. It is constantly buffering. Watching BHtv has become a chore. If I see a diavlog I am interested in, I generally download it. How are you watching BHtv?

bjkeefe
04-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I voted "streaming," since that's the usual. Once in a while, I download; e.g., yesterday's Mickey/Bob diavlog was unbearably stall-ridden, which I guess had to do with server load.

look
04-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I stream and very rarely have problems. I did yesterday, but it was late afternoon, so I wonder if high traffic was the problem.

johnmarzan
04-05-2008, 10:05 AM
i don't watch. i listen.

by downloading the mp3 file. and playing it in my ipod.

TwinSwords
04-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Your poll needs another option. I watch all the diavlogs by streaming them, but streaming doesn't "work fine."

I have the most issues with streaming during the early evening hours, around 5-8 pm ET. My assumption has been that a lot of people are simultaneously trying to watch the same videos and the BHTV servers cannot keep up.

So I now watch most diavlogs later in the day: usually after 11:00 pm. I still have the occasionally pause in the streaming, but it is fairly manageable.