PDA

View Full Version : Obamacan Republic

Bloggingheads
02-27-2008, 04:10 PM

Joel_Cairo
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
The ever-out-of-synch joint opening line makes me miss Pinkerton... anybody know if he's still working for Huckabee?

ohcomeon
02-27-2008, 08:34 PM
pinback. hmmmm.

bjkeefe
02-28-2008, 10:53 AM
ohc:

You think that's the Rob Crow in question?

In any case, I am surprised that Bob let such hate speech be displayed.

bjkeefe
02-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Since I've criticized Matthew in the past for coming across as a wannabe bucking for a gig on the TV shoutfest circuit, I feel compelled to give him props for his manner today. He sounded considerably more thoughtful this time around, did not just stick to talking points, and was able to admit good points about the other side and bad points about his.

In short, he has grown from a talking head to a BloggingHead.

Nice job, Matthew.

uncle ebeneezer
02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm 1:01 into this diavlog and it has already sputtered to a standstill about a dozen times. Bob, please, for the love of Darwin can you get this thing fixed (the flash player, the site, whatever)?? You're killing me. Almost every other Vlog is borderline unwatchable at some point or another, often for vast stretches of the most interesting parts. Let your divine hand guide the cyber-evolution of this site to a higher state of functionality. Use some "non-zero" cooperative spirit with your tech staff. Something.

OK enough whining for one day. (At least until after I finish the diavlog and find something in it to whine about.)

bjkeefe
02-28-2008, 03:10 PM
uncle eb:

If you're up to the effort, please copy and paste your post into this forum (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=1653). I've been trying to encourage people to post such complaints all in once place, in the hopes of offering a database of clues.

I'm about 90% convinced the problem, at root, is inadequate servers, and the solution is, at base, more money, but it could be that there's something else to be done in the meantime.

Wonderment
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
http://bloggingheads.tv/diavlogs/9095?in=00:03:41&out=00:3:51

It's called neoteny.

uncle ebeneezer
02-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Done.

If a satisfactory result is not accomplished soon, I will throw a tantrum that would put Veruca Salt to shame (the Willy Wonka character, not the post-indie band ;-)

bjkeefe
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
uncle eb:

Thanks for cross-posting.

It may say something about the dorkiness my formative years and the failure of my efforts to become a true hipster somewhat later in life that I immediately thought of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and had to stop to remember the band.

BTW? Mike Teevee, Violet Beauregard, and Augustus Gloop were the other three winners of the Golden Ticket. And the scariest monsters in Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator were the Verminicious Knids. And yes. One pronounces the K.

All without reference. Straight outta memory. You're welcome.

The stuff I retain is not significant enough for inclusion in Trivial Pursuit.

Who am I? What am I doing here? (Admiral Stockdale.)

alwsdad
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
It's fun to watch all these conservatives act like they never supported the Iraq war. "Who me? Oh I was never for that. That was the other conservatives." This guy, of course, looks like he was in junior high in 2003, so I guess he gets a pass.

uncle ebeneezer
02-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, my knowledge is more from the movie (original one, not that POS re-make) than the book. I knew every name except Mike Teevee.

I always thought the Verminicious Knids would be a great name for a punk band.

Snozzberry? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?

bjkeefe
02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
And I would be remiss not to mention one of the first exposures to word play that made me the incorrigible punster I am to this day: Square candies that look round.

Never did see the movie(s), so I can't say if this one made the cut.