PDA

View Full Version : Best Diavlog Nominee

Bloggingheads
02-23-2008, 06:58 PM

otto
02-23-2008, 08:55 PM
We know we'll like Ross's pullover even before we see it.

Abu Noor Al-Irlandee
02-23-2008, 11:30 PM
I enjoy movie talk but this diavlog overall is a good example of Mr. Wright's point that one learns more (in addition to sometimes being more entertained) when people disagree than when they agree.

The name of the character in A History of Violence that Mr. Orr was looking for is Joey Cusack.

I think Michael Clayton is better than these gentlemen seem to think but I actually just saw it today so maybe my estimation will decrease after some time passes. Which is not to say that I don't agree that Gone Baby Gone may be better. I really agree with what Mr. Orr says about Gone Baby Gone, the movie is engrossing and entertaining as a genre film but the ending really sticks with you...(this is maybe especially true for me because of the work I do professionally.)

And I agree with the gentlemen about Ratoutouille, I heard so much about how great it was and I was very underwhelmed upon viewing it.

Going back to my first point, I now realize that I probably don't disagree with Mr. Douthat and Mr. Orr enough to make this comment very interesting or edifying. Oh well.

http://abunooralirlandee.wordpress.com

somerandomdude
02-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Dude, Dick is a totally awesome movie. I love the end of it, when he resigns to the tune of "You're So Vain."

somerandomdude
02-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Also, Laura Linney is extremely, extremely hot. Why does no one else recognize this?

StillmanThomas
02-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Good diavlog, but I confess the only movie I saw this year was Ratatouille, and I agree with them that it was badly overrated. I read a screenwriting book once and I think it was Robert Towne (Chinatown) who said, "If you're working on a screenplay and you get dissatisfied with it, just lower your standards and keep going." I think the entire movie industry has taken that advice.