PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this has been pointed out already.

Hoofin
01-12-2008, 07:20 AM
I frankly admit that I do not catch every one of the Blogging Head installments here in Japan. And not because they all don't air in Japan--they do. It's just I may not have the time to catch every one and still have my life.

But I have wondered about the T-shirts and mugs.

If you are going to sell T-shirts and mugs, doesn't it suggest that you would want to send a free mug to the commenters who appear on the video, so that they hopefully can be seen USING the mug? In that way, you maybe can build a brand image. That even though the parties may agree or disagree, they are, well, basically hawking some of the Blogginghead merchandise.

I think Brinkley or one of them had people drinking from their This Week mug.

You would hope that it would become kind-of an upper middle class fashion statement, the way international route travel stickers did in the 1960's or '70's. Better than sitting in a box in the garage, you know?

TwinSwords
01-12-2008, 08:22 AM
If you are going to sell T-shirts and mugs, doesn't it suggest that you would want to send a free mug to the commenters who appear on the video, so that they hopefully can be seen USING the mug? In that way, you maybe can build a brand image.

Excellent suggestion!