PDA

View Full Version : Semi-official drunk-ass rambling thread

garbagecowboy
01-12-2008, 05:30 AM
I know some of the poeple here don't like it when I make suggestions from the other bulletin board I read... battleyourtailoff (htp://www.battleyourtailoff), a Twins board.

But there is one feature that should, nay, must be stolen. And that is the officila drunken ass rambling thread (http://www.battleyourtailoff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1891&sid=ed4761190e3f9ab2cc8f9fa982081397).

It's semi-official because I'm not an admin and I can't make this a sticky.

Wolfgangus
01-12-2008, 11:30 AM
You go, girl.

(I've been drunk exactly twice in my life; the last time was 29 years ago when I was 22. Since then, between December 15th and January 2nd, I often (in a night) have a glass of wine or nurse a few shots of Bailey's Irish Cream. The other fifty weeks of the year I don't drink anything alcoholic. I don't really understand the attraction.)

Hoofin
01-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I thought Garbage Cowboy was a he, not that it matters.

I try to keep it moderate, but for a considerably long time (13 years?) I had zero. Seemed a waste to keep the streak going.

bjkeefe
01-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Adam:

There's something to your idea, especially in the spirit of in vino veritas.

However, most people don't write as well as you do, and most drunks spilling their guts, whether figuratively or literally, are not so much fun to be around, so I've got my doubts about the attractiveness of such a thread.

Speaking for myself, I tend to be a little embarrassed by the stuff I write when I'm under the affluence of incohol, although I will admit some of it is good, and might not have come out otherwise.

I propose you just comment whenever you feel like it, in your cups or not. And don't forget, there's also your blog, to which all the cool kids already subscribe.

garbagecowboy
01-12-2008, 04:09 PM

nikkibong
07-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Time to resurrect a thread from my old internet home (http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,715864,page=1)?

Hey, it's Friday night...

AemJeff
07-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Time to resurrect a thread from my old internet home (http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,715864,page=1)?

Hey, it's Friday night...

Well, what are you drinking? Me? Sailor Jerry/tonic with a drop of lime.

nikkibong
07-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Well, what are you drinking? Me? Sailor Jerry/tonic with a drop of lime.

Crappy well gin and tonic with two limes x 8 or so. Tasted like Gordons to me.

I also just sang karaoke. "Something like that" by tim mcgraw. had to be dragged off by on oversized cane afterwards.

AemJeff
07-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Crappy well gin and tonic with two limes x 8 or so. Tasted like Gordons to me.

I also just sang karaoke. "Something like that" by tim mcgraw. had to be dragged off by on oversized cane afterwards.

Man, ALWAYS order gin by name! Bombay Sapphire and Tonic, please! What, no Bombay - how about a Tanqueray?

uncle ebeneezer
07-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Well whatever frollicing you guys have done tonight I've got you beat. I just changed a spare-tire while in a state of relative in-sobriety (Corona and some (ahem) greens). Changing a spare is never a party but man it can really harsh your mellow!!

Wow time-machine central from seeing the styles of GC and Wolfgangus again. Ah the memories.