PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for importing the old comments, but, uh...

garbagecowboy
12-27-2007, 10:43 AM
...are the post counts simply gone forever?

I ask purely for Brendan's benefit.

Good job merging the databases, however. Looks good.

bjkeefe
12-27-2007, 10:55 AM
GC:

I ask purely for Brendan's benefit.

Thanks for your consideration, but I don't care about the post count. I do care about the content, however. Where are these old comments?

thprop
12-27-2007, 11:00 AM
OK - I give up. Where is the merged data base with the old comments?

bjkeefe
12-27-2007, 12:10 PM
thprop:

Thanks for seconding my question. I was worried that I was overlooking something obvious.

garbagecowboy
12-27-2007, 03:27 PM
No, I'm just an idiot. I looked at the diavlog comments section and thought I saw an old thread that had bubbled up the top but it was actually just the Eli Lake semi-diavlog which I guess had a similar name to one of the old diavlogs, and then I thought that 1 of 16 threads was 1-16 pages. I therefore assumed that all the old threads were up.

I was completely wrong, the forums have not been merged.

Sorry about that, I wrote that first thing in the morning without looking closely. And again, I'm an idiot.

garbagecowboy
12-27-2007, 03:29 PM
There is none yet. I was wrong about that. Sorry for the confusion.

bjkeefe
12-27-2007, 03:44 PM
GC:

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe you should delete the whole thread? If you're allowed to, I mean. Otherwise, I'd suggest sending an email to support and asking them to do it for you.

garbagecowboy
12-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I do not seem to be able to delete the thread. If an eagle-eyed Admin spots it, go ahead. Otherwise it will stand, unwavering like a sphinx, a monument to my idiocy.

bjkeefe
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Look what I found (http://forums.bloggingheads.tv/phorum/index.php).

Okay, not imported. But accessible. Modulo the usual Phorum weirdnesses, of course.

Milton
12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks for all the feedback; we're still working on this particular issue; I'm not sure where or when the ultimate resolution will come down, in terms of integrating the old posts, however, we're definitely going to address the statistics/# of posts issue as soon as we can... hopefully, we'll figure out a way to restore everyone's (well-earned) senior status on the forum... but before we can do that, we need to review a few more options that impact multiple areas at once, but I just wanted to let you know we definitely haven't forgotten about this and plan to do something about it as soon as possible.

Thanks again,
-Milton,
BhTV

bjkeefe
12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Milton:

Thanks for the update. Personally, I care more about the content than the stats, but I'm sure you're thinking about all aspects of the situation.